29 October 2010

What time is it? Visa Time

We're down to 60 days until the trip and just began receiving our passports back today with our first visa and hell was it expensive.

This could very well become one of the most costly parts of this little adventure of ours. There are the visa application fees which have to be paid by money order, the passport photos which I have a hookup for but would otherwise be around $8.00 a pair and express mail envelopes. I started with Vietnam which is one of the more expensive visas at $70.00 each and around $40.00 for express mail envelopes I'm beginning to think that taking a weeks vacation in Washington D.C. to visit the various consulates and embassies in person rather than spending wads of money on secure postage would have been a better idea. I could easily make a worth while vacation out of this.
The vietnamese embassy slapped an entire page covering visa sticker in and did their work quickly seeing as I only sent the application last Thursday and exactly one week later my passport is back in my hand and Jen's in hers. Next will be the Cambodian embassy then the Lao and so on and so forth.

Just these little details of visas and entry/exit requirements of a few places need to get worked out, and working for the next eight weeks and we'll hit the road...

or the air I guess you would say.

More Later

No comments:

Post a Comment